As Sony revealed about its new ‘Voice Chat’ feature being added on PS5, gamers are wondering how to use it. If you are among these users looking to know how to use Discord voice chat on PS5, we’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know about this new PS5 feature.
The current month seems to be an exciting one for PlayStation gamers. Players were able to try the free games that included Battlefield 2042, Code Vein, and Minecraft Dungeons. A few more freebies are expected to be offered to PS Plus Extra and Premium subscribers in the coming months.
While there’s no doubt that being able to get your hands on freebies is a great deal, what’s even more exciting is that Discord’s long-awaited voice chat is finally rolling out to PS5.
As players learned about Discord’s new voice chat feature, they took to Twitter and other social media platforms to talk about it. Not being able to access the feature, some users are asking how to use Discord voice chat on PS5. To help out all those users, we have collected all the available information about Discord Voice Chat on PS5 below.
How to link and configure Discord on PS5?
First things first, you must have a Discord account in order to link and connect on PS5. It is quite simple to create a profile on the official registration page. Also, please note that you will be asked to verify your email address once you set up your profile.
If you already have an account, all you have to do is link your PS5 profile to your Discord. If you have no idea how to set up the link, please follow the steps below:
- First of all, open Discord.
- Next, go to the connections in the user settings tab.
- After this, you will be asked to click on the PlayStation symbol
- Finally, enter your PSN ID and you’re done.
Once you have linked PS5 and Discord, you can follow the steps below to use Discord Voice Chat on PS5:
- Open Discord on your mobile or computer.
- Provide the credentials and sign in to your Discord account.
- Join a voice channel.
- Next, tap on the Join PlayStation option.
- Select your PS5 console name from the list (make sure your PS5 is turned on)
- You will receive a pop-up notification on your PS5 that the voice chat connection has worked.
- voila! You’re done.
Well, this is not yet. We have good news for you and the news is that Discord works for Xbox gamers too. You will be able to voice chat with your Xbox friends while playing on your PlayStation.
How to use Discord Voice Chat PS5?
Some PS5 players have complained that Discord voice chat is not working for them. If you are also suffering from this problem, here are the steps to help you resolve Discord Voice Chat PS5 not working issue:
- First of all, open the settings and head towards the system.
- Next, tap on System Software and then go to System Software Update & Settings.
- If a new version is available, it will appear on your screen.
- Be sure to update the system software to its latest version.
- Once this is done, voice chat will start working for you on PS5.
You may also want to read about Dev Error 5573 on PS5
The bottom line
It was all about how to use Discord voice chat on PS5 and fix any related issues. Hopefully, he has found all the information he was looking for.