The Sorcerer’s spells in devil 4 make use of different elements. Also, the class has a unique mechanic where abilities can provide passive processes. Here’s our Diablo 4 Sorcerer Enchantment guide to help you unlock these powerful passive bonuses.
Diablo 4 Sorcerer Enchantment Mechanic Unlock
Diablo 4 Sorcerer Enchantment slots are unlocked at levels 15 and 30. As of now, we are not sure about the requirement for the level 30 slot since the beta caps characters up to level 25 only.
However, the first slot at level 15 has a class specific quest called Sorcerer: Legacy of the Magi. Be sure to follow it so it’s marked on your map. Here is the gist:
- You will have to return to the southwest of Nevesk. It’s basically where you started the campaign.
- There, you will meet a Sorcerer named Mordarin, who asks you to retrieve the Forgotten Codex. The item can be found in a nearby dungeon.
- The dungeon itself has its own reward, though the Forgotten Codex can be looted from the marked chest. Clear the dungeon if you want, but you need to return the book to Mordarin.
- You will then enter a cabin where you will have to interact with four braziers. Mordarin will try to harness the elements, but accidentally summons demons instead.
- After killing the demons, you will unlock the Diablo 4 Sorcerer Enchantment slot for your level 15 character.
Once you have a Diablo 4 Sorcerer enchantment slot, you can select any active (meaning non-passive and non-ultimate) spell that has at least one rank. This can come from a skill point allocation, or better yet, anything that adds rank. For example, if you have a random charm that gives +1 to Teleport, then it’s as if Teleport has been unlocked even though you haven’t used a single skill point.
In either case, go to the Skills panel and click Skill Assignment. The bottom section is where you can choose a spell that will have an additional effect enabled. These Diablo 4 Sorcerer Enchantment slots offer amazing perks that are quite different from their usual effects as active abilities. Most will even activate regardless of which ability you use to defeat enemies or trigger the effect.
- Basic abilities:
- Spark: +12% chance to form crackling energy when you kill an enemy.
- Firebolt: 48 additional burning damage for eight seconds after dealing direct damage.
- Frost Bolt – +15% chilling effect from direct damage.
- Arc Lash – Stuns enemies for 0.5 seconds after using a cooldown (i.e. dash).
- Basic skills
- Fireball – Enemies you kill explode into a ball of fire, dealing 50% of their damage.
- Ice Shards – Automatically conjured and fly towards frozen enemies.
- Chain Lightning: Automatically forms each time you spend 100 mana.
- Charged Bolts: 40% chance to fire charged bolts when you stun an enemy.
- Incinerate: A snake will incinerate enemies every 20 seconds.
- Frozen Orb: Any non-basic ability you cast has a 20% chance to cast Frozen Orb.
- defensive skills
- Flame Shield – Automatically activates whenever you take fatal damage; it can only occur once every 120 seconds.
- Frost Nova – +30% chance to unleash Frost Nova when casting Conjuration abilities.
- Ice Armor: +5% chance to apply Ice Armor each time you are hit.
- Teleport: Your evasion is replaced with a short range teleport with a 17 second cooldown.
- conjuration skills
- Ice Blades: Every 20 second cooldown will spawn an Ice Blade on a random enemy.
- Hydra: Each time a 5-headed Hydra spawns to spend 300 mana.
- Lightning Lance: +10% chance to create a Lightning Lance each time you pick up Crackling Energy.
- mastery skills
- Firewall: +5% chance to spawn two firewalls under an enemy each time they take burn damage.
- Blizzard: A blizzard will form around you every 15 seconds.
- Meteor – Stroke of luck; +3% chance for a meteor to fall on enemies.
- Ball Lightning – Lucky strike; +25% chance to generate Ball Lightning each time you critically hit.
With only one Diablo 4 sorcerer enchantment slot available at level 15, we suggest equipping Fireball. Every kill you make will cause enemies to explode, which can cause a chain reaction of explosions due to the guaranteed processes.
Diablo 4 is currently in its beta stage. As such, some of the information here may change as we get closer to the game’s official release on June 6. We will update this guide accordingly. For now, you can visit our class center.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.