One of the hero classes in devil 4 is the Sorcerer, a traditional spellcaster who can use fire, ice, and lightning. With dozens of abilities, you might be wondering which ones are decent for progression. Here’s our Diablo 4 Sorcerer leveling build guide to help you pick the best skills for the campaign.
Diablo 4 Sorcerer leveling build for beta version
Diablo 4 Sorcerer’s leveling build is mostly focused on area of effect (AoE) due to the countless enemy mobs you need to take out. Also, since we’re still in the beta stage of the game, characters are capped at level 25. Also, for a more detailed explanation of each ability, you can visit our Sorcerer overviews regarding active skills, talents/passivesand the enchantment mechanics.
Basic: Spark (blink) – Spark is your spammable spell that can easily bounce off other enemies. It is also a means of generating Crackling Energy, small orbs that cause lightning to emanate from your character to hit nearby enemies.
Core: Chain Lightning (destructive) – Chain Lightning bounces off enemies and your character, with crits that can also trigger Crackling Energy.
Defensive: Frost Nova (Mystic) – Frost Nova is great for the Diablo 4 Sorcerer leveling build as it is a key crowd control spell. Enemies will not only freeze, but also become vulnerable (i.e. take more damage).
Conjuration: Hydra (Summoned) – The Hydra is something you drop, as it is a creature that acts as an auto turret. He will rapidly fire at enemies, and your crits will also increase their crit chance.
Mastery: Meteorite (of the Wizard) – Meteor has a large area of effect radius, further enhanced with the upgraded variant. With it, hitting three or more enemies gives a chance for another Meteor to crash.
Ultimate: Deep Freeze – Deep Freeze acts as your emergency button as it makes your character immune for four seconds. Additionally, you will deal additional damage, inflict the chill effect, and cause an explosion when the duration has expired.
- Elemental Attunement – This is mainly to reset the cooldown of Frost Nova (or any other defensive ability you choose).
- Glass Cannon – Another viable option for extra DPS, though you also take more damage in return.
- Static Discharge: This increases the chance for crackling energy to form when your shock abilities crit.
- Fireball: Killing an enemy with any ability causes it to explode; this fireball deals 50% of its damage.
- In short, each death leads to an explosion, with more “kablooey” stuff due to the process.
- Enchantment passives don’t require the spell itself to be equipped on an active/castable slot, but you do need at least one point/rank on them. Gear pieces that grant a rank are also considered unlockables.
Diablo 4 is currently in its beta stage. As such, some of the information here may change as we get closer to the game’s official release on June 6. We will update this guide accordingly. For now, you can visit our class center.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.