British violinist Daniel Hope will serve as the featured artist for the newly announced 2023-24 Schubert Club International Artist Series, with performances on April 25 and 26, 2024, at the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in downtown St. Paul.
“I am not alone at the Schubert Club in being a great admirer of Daniel Hope over many years,” said Artistic and Executive Director Barry Kempton in a press release. “Not only a violinist of the highest caliber, but Daniel’s musical intelligence, eloquence and sense of adventure make him the perfect musician for many programs.”
Now in its 141st year, the Schubert Club is Minnesota’s oldest arts organization. Next season includes both the International Artists Series, held at the Ordway, and Music in the Park, which offers more intimate chamber music concerts at the United Church of Christ in St. Paul’s St. Anthony Park.
Season tickets range in price from $280 to $105 for the International Artist Series and $125 for Music in the Park. They are on sale now through schubert.org or by phone at 651-292-3268. Single ticket sales open in August.
Schubert Club season 2023-24
The International Artist Series includes:
- Jean-Yves Thibaudet (piano), Lisa Batiashvili (violin) and Gautier Capucon (cello); 17:30 October 17.
- MILOS (guitar); 19:30 18 November and 19 November 15.
- Vikingur Olafsson (piano); 7.30pm 30th January and 10.30am 31st January.
- Golda Schultz (soprano) and Jonathan Ware (piano); 10:30 a.m., April 10, 2024.
- Daniel Hope (violin) and Simon Crawford-Phillips (piano); 19:30 25 April and 10:30 26 April 2024.
Concerts in the Music in the Park series take place at 4:00 p.m. and include:
- Ariel Quartet with Orion Weiss (piano); 1 Oct
- The Modigliani Quartet; November 12.
- Le Consort; February 25.
- Eunice Kim (violin) and Xavier Foley (double bass); March 24, 2024.
- The Heath Quartet; April 21, 2024.